Product Manager – Compaction to Machine Control Division
We are looking for Product Manager to our customer Leica Geosystems Machine Control Division.
The company is a part of the Hexagon Group, who is a leading global provider of technology solutions that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial landscapes.
Simply, they connect everything in the system – people, machines or processes – embed intelligence and enable visualization for smarter interaction with information. The solutions are optimizing the flow of information in some of the world’s most vital industries – from agriculture, manufacturing, construction, and energy to public safety, security, and defense.The company is a part of the Hexagon Group, who is a leading global provider of technology solutions that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial landscapes.
Machine Control systems, who is among the top 3 companies in the world within their field, has established themselves as a leader within machine control technology and delivers innovative solutions globally to the construction industry and offers a comprehensive end-to-end service including initial consultation, development and evaluation throughout installation, training and support to the widest range of machine control and position applications.
With its advanced technology, Leica Geosystems has during the past 200 years revolutionized the business. Frontrunner with the world’s first portable teodoli. Later with de first laser measuring equipment and today with high technological solution which continues to reach new highs.
In Denmark, the company is based in Odense and has 115 employees, primarily based in Denmark but also in the rest of Europe. In addition, the divisions have branches in Sweden, Switzerland, and Australia.
The Leica Machine Control Product Manager for Compaction Solution together with the Product Marketing group forms the primary interface between our customers and the internal engineering, development teams.
The ideal candidate will be part of a team of specialists and refer directly to Line Manager, PMO On-Machines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible the product portfolio Rollers & Compaction Machines.
- Management of existing products & services as well as creating and integrating new product changes for the solution in the business units.
- Define and implement solutions in the market with the Product Marketing team, and ensure information for development is delivered.
- Create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal organizations to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately.
- Market analyses including market needs, competitive product features in the marketplace, competitor strategies, market segmentation, etc.
- Contribute to product pricing strategy based on market elasticity, competitive product comparisons, support, and other factors related to the overall competitive position of the market.
- Provide input and feedback to the division roadmap and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for all information to all stakeholder including meetings centered on system and operational requirements for product changes and new product development.
- Travel both domestic and international.
Manage and take decisions on the following and present to higher management:
- Defining the solution business plan and the multi-generation market requirements for the platform. This includes factors such as product features, product positioning, and support
- Perform market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs, opportunities, and similar product offerings in the market and their advantages and disadvantages
- Manage products through all stages of the product lifecycle: initial conception, design, and development, testing, manufacture and deployment, support and phase-out
- Perform presentations and attend meetings with existing and potential customers, and dealers as the product expert for the Machine Control Construction products and solutions under their area of responsibility
The candidate is offered following:
- An interesting and challenging job in a global international, dynamic company, which are among the best in the world.
- A modern place of work with an informal form of communication and a dedicated team of colleagues.
- Possibilities for both personal and professional development.
- An intercultural company that cares about their employees.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Extensive domain knowledge and experience within compaction and road construction equipment.
- Experience working as part of product development process, particularly in solution integration (from an Application Engineer/Product Manager perspective). Knowledge and experience with the machine control construction market. Project Management skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of construction site workflow and process.
- Engineering degree in electronics, surveying or mechanics is preferred. Alternatively, more than 3 years of practical leadership and work experience within automated or Machine Controlled heavy construction equipment/machinery
- A team player and a problem solver.
- English at negotiation level.
- Strong computing skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and understanding of CAD software packages.
An attractive salary package is offered including pension and health insurance.
Interviews be held ongoing and candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible
Bente Bisgaard Hill
Headhunter & Seniorpartner
Mail firstname.lastname@example.org Mobil 21 45 96 32