LERROS is made for men who know what they want. Who don’t confuse self-confidence with self-expression. Who looks good in every situation and want to feel just as good too. Every day. This was our philosophy when we started in Neuss in 1979 – and today we are at home in over 30 countries
The new and innovative brand within the LERROS-Group is NEW IN TOWN based on Urban Style:
In 2016 a couple of guys from the Rhineland had had enough. They wanted to wear modern clothes without having to pay a small fortune for them.
And they no longer liked the fact that almost all the pieces that had a reasonable fit looked like they came from Grandad’s wardrobe. They wanted affordable fashion that is new and contemporary, and that you can also fit into when you are a perfectly normal modern man. NEW IN TOWN was born.
NEW IN TOWN is looking for a designer, with profound experience from men´s wear, who can develop the brand further based on design, trend, and a commercial angle. Secondly the designer is responsible for creating the brand DNA in cooperation with the Product Manager and the rest of the design team.
You will be a part of developing a ”Design Lab” and work with quality and details, including fabrics, and you should be able to work independently. You will have time to “nerd and geek” with the collections ( 2 main collections + 1 summer capsule), because quality, design, and fashion is key.
You will be responsible for the whole design process from idea to product presentation, in cooperation with the Product Manager and the rest of the ambitious design team, and a network of strong suppliers.
Additionally, you are in close contact with our suppliers and ensure that not only design and quality, but also samples, schedules, and price targets are met.
If you are a passionate designer, who can develop our strong Brand DNA, and realize fabrics and quality to a commercial collection, then you are the designer we are looking for.
Your tasks and primary responsibilities:
• Create the environment for design and innovation internally in NEW IN TOWN in cooperation with the design team
• Preparation of 2 annual collections with 30-50 styles per collection, with focus on shirts, blazers and outerwear
• Creative development of mood boards, colors, and artworks for the collections
• Commenting on prototypes and trim in collaboration with pattern makers
Communicate / negotiate with the suppliers
• Participate in inspirational tours to keep you updated on trends and development
We expect you to have or be:
• Leadership skills that enable you to create the right design environment
• Is a trained designer and experienced in designing of men’s clothes (min 5 years of experience)
• Want to create innovation in the fabric (and in the products) in cooperation with the design team and suppliers
• Is a trendsetter that can translate trends into commercial products
• Works creatively and independently
• Is detail oriented and understands that the small details make the difference
• Fluent in English in writing and speaking
• Trained in the use of Adobe (?)
We can offer you:
• A passionate and creative environment with a high drive in the design team
• A strong business structure that fills up
• A flat organizational structure with growth-oriented management
• Very dynamic workplace and culture
• A full-time position
• Fast understanding of the Brand DNA
• Development of the brand
Optimal would be a residence in Neuss or Düsseldorf for the candidate and NEW IN TOWN.
Alternatively, the candidate could be in Neuss as needed and agreed with the company.
Hans-Peter Rasmussen Headhunter & Partner
Mobil: +45 2128688 Mail: [email protected]
Martin Ingwersen Headhunter & Founder
Mobil: 31474534 Mail: [email protected]