For a customer expuri ApS is looking for an independent, result-oriented and structured Operations Manager – for a reputable and well-founded company.
Our customer is looking for a responsible Operations Manager to lead and support the company’s development. Cooperation with own department, as well as other independent departments in the development department in Denmark and abroad. The position is located with address in Copenhagen.
The company is recognized within its area of specialization and supplies (total) solutions within the medical industry.
For several years, the company has built up a unique experience and a strong position in the industry. The company has created their success as a niche company in an industry with great competition, which has resulted in extensive knowledge and a good starting point for continued stable development within this niche area.
Overall purpose for the position:
This position reports to the Director of Global Manufacturing and is responsible for leading the Manufacturing, Shipping/Receiving, Sustaining Engineering, and Materials handling functions at our Herlev location. The successful candidate will be expected to own and drive improvements to Quality, On-Time Delivery, and continuous improvement efforts. This position requires independent judgment, interaction with senior leadership, and the ability to plan and execute a strategy aligned to Corporate vison and objectives.
- Drive compliance to ISO13485 standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and ensure on time delivery of products to schedule.
- Build a high performing team that is capable of meeting/exceeding business goals and objectives. Assess current organizational capability to understand gaps and devise plans to close those gaps through hiring, training, and coaching/mentoring. Develop and nurture core competencies within the operational disciplines to build a high performing team.
- Develop and drive production plans and goals by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, resolving problems, and reporting results.
- Daily management of Manufacturing, Service, Materials, Shipping/Receiving, and Sustaining Engineering functions.
- Lead operational efforts for continuous improvement and Lean initiatives. Partner with Engineering and the Operations Manager from our overseas site to ensure consistency and compliance across both sites. Enforce a “Copy Exact” mentality between sites.
Typical tasks to do:
- Facilitate daily communication plans between operations and other departments, ensuring alignment between teams and departments.
- Analyze productivity data trends and implement effective countermeasures.
- Implement and support cultural change (continuous improvement mindset and actions) across the organization to drive business improvement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
- Minimal Travel required after initial training.
Necessary skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- Strong hands-on management and leadership experience (4+ years) managing Blue and White collar employees. Passion for people and helping them to achieve their best work.
- 4 to 6 years in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device manufacturing or a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership skills – building teams, coaching, development of others, and resolving team conflicts in a global setting.
- Track record of change management, positive influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisive and goal-oriented with the ability to be held accountable for results.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and provide critical analysis to resolve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Lean manufacturing experience desired.
- Understanding of MRP systems functionality.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speech)
Necessary personal qualifications & competences required:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Success criteria for the position holder:
- Successfully achieve Safety goals and objectives. Maintain a safe work environment.
- Successfully achieve and maintain ISO13485 and GMP compliance.
- Successfully hire, train, and retain employees in order to meet production ramp and sustaining activities.
- Successfully build a high performing team.
- Meet or exceed area Quality goals and objectives
- Meet or exceed on –time delivery goals to customers
- Meet Continuous Improvement goals and objectives and partner with Peabody counterparts for copy exact implementation of changes.
- Successfully partner with Engineering to set up work cells/ areas and then ramp up production.
The company offers:
An extremely exciting and versatile job in a dynamic and successful business.
The applications received are evaluated on an ongoing basis, and the search process stops when the right candidate is found. We therefore recommend that you send your application as soon as possible
An attractive gage is offered in relation to the requirements of the position.
Please send short application and relevant CV to:
Headhunter & Partner
Kim D. Petersen
Mail : [email protected]
Cellphone +45 2020 6468