For Hexagon Geosystems, Heavy Construction Team, we are looking for a Quality Engineer.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to our customer Leica Geosystems Machine Control Division.
The company is a part of the Hexagon Group, who is a leading global provider of technical solutions within Machine control.
Leica Geosystems, who is among the top 3 companies in the world within their field, has established themselves as a leader within machine control technology and delivers innovative solutions globally to the construction industry and offers a comprehensive end-to-end service including initial consultation, development and evaluation throughout installation, training and support to the widest range of machine control and position applications.The company is a part of the Hexagon Group, who is a leading global provider of technical solutions within Machine control.
The Machine Control Division’s headquarter is in Odense, Denmark and has 125 employees. In addition, the division has offices in Sweden, Switzerland and Australia.
You will be located in our Quality Department in Odense Denmark.
The Quality Engineer will be reporting to the Quality Manager of Machine Control Division, Susanne Stevns Larsen, working collaboratively with team members to develop deliverables in line with the Product Roadmap.
The purpose of this role is to be the main contributor from QA to ensure quality and requirements within project teams, as well as being a member of product development teams together with the quality department in Heerbrugg, Schwitzerland, with task as understanding the machine directive, compliance with laws and standards, in-house requirements and market demands, and also understanding and improving test processes.
Contribution to all aspects of QA from design and specification to testing and documentation, in line with approved project plands and the Product Roadmap, ensuring competence within hydraulics and electronics, as contributing continuous improvement of the quality process within the development team and work collaboratively to ensure a common and effective approach to documentation.
A broad role requiring a skilled QA specialist, who can represent Leica Geosystems/Hexagon in a helpful, professional and courteous manner at all times, also attending other duties as required from time to time.
The ideal candidate has a relevant background within QA, having a relevant University qualification in Electronics, Engineering of a related field, and preferably 5+ years of experience from a similar position.
The Quality Engineer has the skill to take the lead and guide a team systematically, and has experience with Quality Management tools ex risk analysis as DFMEA, PFMEA, 4D and 8D, and experience with ISO 9001, ISO 14000, ISO/TS16949, PPAP etc.
Also it will be preferable to have knowledge of functional safety and machina directive, as well as being able to analyse and state risks, and use strategies to minimize them.
You have experience in preparing presentations and present results from analyzes and/or claims internally and externally, and are able to keep aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. You strive to work effectively both as part of a team or autonomously, have strong communication skills in English (written and verbal), and ability to communicate in other languages e.g. Danish or German, would be beneficial.
You have a high level of personal drive and self-motivation, always committed to meeting customer needs for useability and reliability
An important part of the job will be to:
- Ensuring quality and requirements within project teams
- Contribution to all aspects of QA from design and specification to testing and documentation
- Understanding and improving test processes, and guiding and supporting new processes/procedures in being established or improved
- Ensuring newly developed and old products are compliant with laws, standards and market demands
- Advice supervisor of business or technical risk areas as identified
- Setting of day to day priorities within overall priority listing
- Relevant university qualification in Electronics, Engineering or a related field
- of 5 years demonstrated commercial experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Knowledge of functional safety and machine directive
- The skill to create strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and represent the business professionally
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly grasp technical solutions, concepts and products
- Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
Words that describes you would be: proactive, autonomous, analytical, structured, detail-oriented and open/service-minded.
The candidate is offered following:
You will have a unique opportunity to become part of the Hexagon Geosystems, who is the parent company of brands such as Leica Geosystems, AGTEK, and other leading solutions in the construction industry.Joining an innovative and global company, you are offered a friendly working atmosphere and a constructive working environment.
- An interesting and challenging job in a global international, dynamic company, which are among the best in the world.
- A modern place of work with an informal form of communication and a dedicated team of colleagues.
- For the right candidate good opportunity for both personal and professional development.
- An intercultural company that cares for their employees.
Interviews be held ongoing and candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible
For more information, please contact:
Lone Kaalund Døjbak
Headhunter and Partner
Mail: [email protected]
Mobil: +45 53 60 35 05