Cobham SATCOM is looking for a Business Controller to join their finance team; to oversee the business and financial operations of their Operations organization and to take shared responsibility with Operations management for the economic and financial performance.
Cobham SATCOM (formerly Thrane and Thrane) is a leading manufacturer of satellite and radio communication terminals and earth stations for land, marine and airborne applications.
Their mission is to connect people everywhere providing dependable communications and internet access anywhere under the most demanding conditions.
They take on and solve the greatest technological challenges every day. As a dynamic global industry leader, respected for providing solutions to the most challenging problems, they offer rewarding career paths, competitive benefits and unparalleled opportunities for growth and development.
All their team members value and contribute to a culture of integrity, innovation, and trust.
You will work as Business Partner with the Operations Management Team and provide the support they need in terms of financial analysis, developing financial planning processes and designing and implementing overall business plans.
Reporting to the CFO of Cobham SATCOM, the responsibilities of the Business Controller are versatile and will, among other consist of:
- Drive the development of all Operations budget and forecasts
- Provide monthly finance report per department incl. monthly spend, YTD and YTG
- Provide analysis of relevant information in the P&L
- Manage the standard cost setup and handling of variations in volume and costs
- Manage freight costs, reporting and analysis
- Manage the CAPEX budget and follow up for Operations
- Manage inventory and E&O financially, hereunder reporting, analysis and estimates
- Report on cash flow effect of Operations (inventories, accounts payables)
- Sparring with Operations management on financial matters
- Develop, maintain, and report relevant KPIs
- Drive performance management in Operations via financial insight and materials
- Be an active sparring partner, analyst, and challenger for relevant OPS staff
- Part of Operations Management Team and a trusted partner for the SVP Operations and Operations managers to manage and develop the business area
To be successful in this role, you must keep focus on precision and delivery on time on your tasks.
You will be a part of a highly motivated team and an organization with an exciting roadmap ahead with many interesting transformation projects.
The ideal candidate
- BS/BA Accounting strategy and control or similar
- 3+ years of relevant professional job experience in OPEX and CAPEX controlling as well as familiarity with some financial accounting concepts is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels and collaborate with partners across an international and diverse organization
- Ability to support business partners with data-driven decision support and analysis
- High integrity
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to take on new assignments
- Successful process improvements skills
- You are passionate about making an impact and support of teams to develop efficiencies in projects and resource management.
- Fluency in English
From the company HQ in Lyngby, north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Salary & Compensation
A permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Klavs Jarl Jørgensen
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 30 24 95 75